Frequently Asked Questions
- Why is there an empty KleenGel Cartridge already inserted in my new KleenGel Hands-Free Dispenser?
As part of our QA each KleenGel Hands-Free Dispenser is tested prior to shipment using a small amount of sterile lubricating gel. The empty cartridge keeps any remaining sterile ‘test gel’ from drying out. When you are ready to set-up your new KleenGel simply remove the empty cartridge and insert a new one and the sterile ‘test gel’ will be cleared from the device during the priming process.
- What brand of lubricating jelly is used in the KleenGel Gel Cartridges?
The KleenGel Gel Cartridges uses HR® Lubricating Jelly. HR has a reputation for quality. HR® Lubricating Jelly maintains its applied integrity better than other medical grade lubricants. Making it ideal for precise applications and a perfect fit for our precise dispensing unit.
It is sterile, water soluble, greaseless, bacteriostatic, Chlorhexidine free and non-toxic/non-irritating and hypoallergenic.
- Do I need to prime the KleenGel Dispenser each time a new gel cartridge is used?
No. Priming is only required when you use your first gel cartridge with your new device. It’s a simple step but an important one as it allows the sterile gel to start flowing evenly through the device. See the section Priming A New Dispenser above.
- What do the LED indicator lights mean on the top of the KleenGel Dispenser?
The Green LED light indicates Power ON and ready to use.
The Red LED light indicates gel is low.
- Why does a blue light come on each time gel is dispensed?
The view chamber will glow blue while dispensing and for 10 seconds after. This is to help aid in viewing the gel level of the KleenGel Gel Cartridge.
- How many tubes or packets of lubricating jelly are in one KleenGel Gel Cartridge?
One of our 12 oz (340 g/354 ml) multi-use KleenGel Cartridges is equivalent to:
- (113.3) 3 gram packets
- (3) 4 ounce tubes
- How many ‘uses’ are in one multi-use KleenGel Gel Cartridge?
- On average OB/GYN practices use 3 ml per procedure = 118 uses per (1 ) KleenGel 12 oz (340 g/354 ml) Cartridge
- On average endoscopy procedures use a 32 g packet (1.13 oz) = 10.6 uses per 1 KleenGel 12 oz (340 g/354 ml) Cartridge